Monday, October 12, 2009

The Next Big Thing

Or more correctly, the next big trip.  I've been working on the planning for this one for over a year.  We were originally planning to head out on this one this year but Fate, Life and Karma made alterate arrangements for 2009.  Works for me anyway as it gives me more time to plan and research.

A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving. - Lao Tzu

Planning a trip seems to fly in the face of these words doesn't it?  But I argue that the whole intention of a roadtrip is proof that it's the journey not the destination and reiterate from an earlier post that I would hate to have been close to something spectacular and miss it because I didn't know it was there.  There's also the little matter of heading down a road, not knowing how far the next amenities are and either ending up stranded or frustrated and exhausted .  So I will happily plan away, plus it helps the time pass and I can roadtrip vicariously through the internet...

Our 2010 State Tour as the route stands now:


It seems to be perpetually under revisement but that's the fun of it!  I'll break down the individual ride days in upcoming posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment